Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MW3: The most realistic war game EVER!

It will come as no shock to anyone who has met me for more than three minutes that I am a gamer. I enjoy many genres, from RPGs (Role Playing Games) to music based games, i.e. Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I am also an infantryman, and so nitpicking shooters is kind of a hobby of mine. Shouting at the screen "That's not how you properly load a SAW, moron!" is almost as fun as actually playing the game. I must tip my hat to the folks at COD: Modern Warfare, however. Their newest installment, Modern Warfare 3, is guaranteed to be the most realistic game ever created.

How so? Because most of your life as a video game soldier will be spent waiting for orders and filling out paperwork.


Ultra-Realistic Modern Warfare Game Features Awaiting Orders, Repairing Trucks

My personal favorite line comes when, post-deployment, your character must fend off hordes of college students asking how hot it was, and how many people he killed. Now that, my friends, is realism at its best.

No comments: