Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting ridiculous: Yet another HOT Russian Spy

I almost did not report this story on my blog. I pride myself on the intellectual high ground my blog maintains. Whether it’s deep intellectual conversations about the role of government, religion and the meaning of liberty or road kill cozies and cake vs. pie, I have standards. Like all men, however, my intellectual standards inexplicably evaporate like water in the Mojave when confronted with something like this.

On July 15, 2010 one Anna Fermova, 24, was busted for attempting to smuggle night vision equipment out of the country. The English teacher who was born in Latvia and raised in Plano, Texas, was intending to bring approximately $15,000 worth of equipment back to Mother Russia. The feds immediately set about taking her mug shots with amazing efficiency.

According to Mrs. Fermova she and her husband were planning on selling the $7,000 Raptor 4X night vision sight to big game hunters. Quote: "I am a US citizen, I grew up in America, I am not a spy — that is just funny…I am freaking out right now." She now awaits transfer from Texas to New York in order to attend her hearing.

Of course, with any member of the intelligence community, particularly as it relates to those masters of espionage, the Russians, there is always the danger of a breakout or rescue. It is important that we stay vigilant. Acknowledging this threat I consider it my civic duty to make absolutely certain you can recognize her on the street. Please distribute the following pictures to every male citizen you can find.



No comments: