Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Obama Approval Rating: 98%

Been a while since I've written anything. Since I have, Obama's gotten sworn in. He is now the President of the USSA, and my Commander-in-Chief. In the tradition of shameless idea-stealing of my notes, I've stolen an idea from Stu, producer behind Glenn Beck. He decided, in order to be completely fair, that he would start his approval rating of the big O at 100%. Based on performance, the rating will then go up, or down, from there.

Periodically I'll be updating my approval rating of President Obama, starting today. It didn't take long for him to slip, though it's only by 2%. During the swearing in, he appeared a bit nervous. Of course, I'd be nervous too if there was a good chance I was about to get shot in the head, so I'll let that all slide. I'm talking about his speech. The thing that struck me most is his apparent disregard for the size of government. He stated he had an attitude that (to paraphrase) the size of government didn't matter, as long as it works.

Stu only dropped him 1% for this, but I'm doubling that because I despise big government that much. So there.

Still, 98% approval rating isn't too horrible. Let's see if it lasts the month.

No comments: